Shingle Damage and Wear
Throughout the year, changes in temperature make your roof’s shingles expand and contract. Eventually, this causes them to wear out and require replacement.
Even if a shingled roof isn’t leaking, you should inspect it every year for wear. REMEMBER: It can be dangerous to climb up on your roof, so we recommend using a pair of binoculars to inspect your roof instead.
Look for the following:
- Are your shingles curling (see image above for example of curling shingles)?
- Are your shingles buckling?
- Do you have granular wear? (Are small stones worn off the surface of the shingle?)
- Are the shingles laying flat or are they wavy?
- Are there voids in your flashings?
- Are any shingles or tiles missing?
- How long has it been since you re-roofed?
Elite specializes in repairing shingle damage and wear.
We repair and replace asphalt composite shingles, cedar shakes, slate tiles and more.
At Elite, we only install the highest quality shingles – the ones we know will provide our customers with 100% customer satisfaction. That is why we carry the unique and reputable shingles manufactured by CertainTeed.